Actually when there is a sick procedure that must be done before flying, even this is regulated in the Act. International ambulance is a choice that can be considered to facilitate your trip. Here are things you should pay attention about procedures due to sickness:
1. Openness about medical history
WHO recommends that when or before booking a flight, passenger openness to the disease is very necessary. Even if you have obtained a medical permission to fly, it is better to ask again or check information on the website of the airline that will be boarded.
Passengers are honestly advised to try to share their medical history with airport officials or airlines before flying using a plane. The goal is that airlines can anticipate carrying medical equipment as needed in accordance with the passenger medical history. It also helps when something happens during a flight.
If during a sudden flight sick, there is no need to panic because it is advised to immediately press the help button so that flight attendants immediately arrive. After that, passengers need to explain in detail about complaints of illness experienced. Thus, cabin crew can help deal with passengers who are sick.
2. Recognize the procedure of bringing a sick person to fly
In addition to getting special treatment and facilities, sick passengers are also entitled to get clear information as well as pre-flight services, during flights (in-flight) to after flight (post-flight).
However, if there is anything related to the comfort and safety of the majority of passengers, each aircraft has its own regulations to cancel flights or bring down certain passengers.
3. Carry medical equipment in the airplane
there are some tools that are allowed to be carried during the flight as long as notifying before making the trip. Sometimes passengers also need a Health Check Certificate issued officially. This letter contains a medical statement from a designated doctor or flight surgeon. This letter is useful to ensure that the equipment carried will not interfere with aircraft navigation and communication systems.
For some medical devices passengers are also required to turn it off during the flight because it can disrupt the system on the plane.
- A portable device, this is useful for passengers who have hearing and need special assistance during the trip.
- Pacemakers, approval of this device for some flights is not required. Apart from that, it does not provide electricity supply during the flight period. It’s good to provide at least 150% of the travel time.
- CPAP engines, in some types of flight the use of this tool is not permitted to sit in the outside row.
- Portable Oxygen Concetrator (POC), when carrying this tool it is expected that the size can be adjusted and can be placed under the passenger seat. At least the passenger must also ensure the battery during the trip.
- Wheelchairs, for this tool there is a service that provides this tool as passenger mobility. Some airlines actually have requests for wheelchairs.
If you want to bring the above medical equipment please notify in advance when booking flight tickets. Also make sure when carrying medical equipment means that it is expected to be able to operate it alone because the cabin crew does not get special training.