Facial plastic surgery continues to gain popularity as more people seek change in facial appearances. Before you go for facial surgery, ensure you are medically sound. You can discuss your medical condition with a Union Square facial plastic surgeon to know if you are a candidate for facial plastic surgery. It may not be possible for your surgeon to give you accurate details if you fail to disclose your medical history. This includes past and present medication you are taking and any underlying health issues.
Types of Facial Plastic Surgery
The main aim of facial plastic surgery is to reshape your nose, neckline, chin, and ears. It helps you get your desired shape. Luckily, there are different types of facial plastic surgeries. That is why it is crucial to discuss with your surgeon and establish a suitable surgery plan based on your needs and expectations. Below are the various types.
· Eyelid Surgery: This procedure involves the reshaping of eyelids. The doctor removes the excess skin and fat around the eyes. It restores and tightens the skin and shapes your face.
· Brow lift: A surgeon removes drooping eyebrows, wrinkles on the forehead, and lines. Other plastic surgeries supplement this procedure to achieve a balanced facial appearance.
· Cheek augmentation: This procedure is done on the cheeks where the surgeon places a solid implant on the cheekbone to add volume to the cheek.
· Chin augmentation: It is the refinement of the chin area, which makes a face more balanced. A surgeon fits a prosthetic implant on the chin right below the skin.
· Rhinoplasty: This surgical procedure shapes the nose and improves breathing. The surgeon can also reduce the bony hump and reshape the tip.
· Otoplasty: It refers to shaping the ears where a surgeon pins the ear closer to the head. The procedure is standard for children between 5 and 6 years, and both ears can be treated.
When to Go for Facial Plastic Surgery
The best time to get plastic surgery depends on your priorities, because there is no specific time for surgery. If you have low self-esteem due to your overall appearance, you can go for a facelift.
Maybe you have sagging skin, wrinkles, or lines, and you are not comfortable with your looks. In this case, you may want to consider a facelift to get a new look. Also, you do not need to be of a certain age to get a facelift. You can go for it at any time as long as you are well prepared and in good health.
After surgery, you may feel discomfort, but you can take some medication for relief. Your face will swell and have bruises within the first two days and could go on for a few more days.
About a week to 10 days after your surgery, you will need to return to the doctor to make sure you are healing correctly.
You can return to work after two to three weeks, but the most crucial factor is to ensure you eat healthy and nourishing food. Also, get enough rest and adhere to your doctor’s guidelines.
Call Your Surgeon in Case of an Emergency
After the surgery, you may want to keep close contact with your surgeon until you recover fully. If you experience any changes after the surgery, call your doctor to get immediate help.