A facelift is a cosmetic plastic surgery used to eliminate wrinkles, sagging skin, and fine lines. This surgery can be done to both men and women, but it is mostly done to women. According to research facts, aging and genetics are the only natural ways that can make your skin sag, get fine lines, and wrinkles. Artificial causes of sagging skin are diseases, medicine, drug abuse, smoking, drinking alcohol, etc. Sagging skin and wrinkle makes you look older than your years. To enhance the appearance of your face skin, visit face lift in Pasadena for surgery. Below are procedural steps followed during a facelift.
Steps to follow during facelift plastic surgery
These procedures include:
· Full body examination. Your surgeon will first take you through a full-body exam. This procedure helps to determine the overall health of your body. When you are diagnosed with a disease like diabetes, you may not qualify as a candidate for facelift surgery.
· Anesthesia. After examination, you will undergo local or general anesthesia to ease your discomfort. Anesthesia can be done through inhalation or injection.
· Making of incisions. Incisions are made according to how you want your face to be. These incisions are made along the hairlines or behind the ears. After the incision, the excess skin is removed through surgery, and the remaining skin is concentrated towards the incisions. However, if your face is not attaining the desired shape, your surgeon can graft some fat from elsewhere on your body to reposition your face.
· Sealing the incisions. After surgery, the incision made must be closed for recovery. Your surgeon will use sutures to close the incisions. These sutures may be removed after a few days or dissolve into the body. Your doctor might cover your face with a bandage for proper healing if the surgery was intense.
· Seeing the outcomes. Outcomes are seen clearly after the swelling is gone. Your original face may disappear at a rate of 20 percent, but you may feel confident with high self-esteem.
What you are supposed to do after facelift surgery
There are several things you must avoid after having your surgery. These conditions enhance recovery and prevent the incisions from getting infected. First, you should avoid direct sunlight before you have recovered. Some medications used during facelift lift surgery can be radioactive thus, they may affect your face. Wearing makeup is not recommended after surgery. Make-up can affect your face promoting side effects.
Taking a shower after surgery may reopen the incisions, which may cause unnecessary effects. Pain can also be felt when the incisions are damaged. You are required to sleep facing up after the surgery. This posture during sleeping ensures that your entire surgery is safe. Sleeping when facing the side may reopen your surgical wounds.
A facelift plastic surgery has enabled many old adults’ skin to look younger and fresh. Having perfect skin increases your self-esteem and self-confidence. However, it is vital to get a qualified surgeon since a non-qualified doctor may bring unnecessary side effects after surgery.